When conflict erupts or disaster strikes, the people affected often need protection – from violence; from exploitation and abuse; from the elements; and of their dignity and human rights. For humanitarian actors such as OCHA, protection is about advocating for, supporting or undertaking activities that aim to obtain full respect for the rights of all individuals in accordance with international humanitarian, human rights and refugee law.
- IASC Policy on Protection in Humanitarian Action; IASC (French); IASC (Spanish)
- IASC The Centrality of Protection in Humanitarian Action; IASC (French)
- IASC Operational Guidelines IDP; IASC (Spanish)
- IASC Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement; IASC (Spanish)
- OOM Protection; OEM Protección